grub-devel

Re: Can LUA e coming with future Grub2

From: y.volta
Subject: Re: Can LUA e coming with future Grub2
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:49:44 +0800

Lua has been widely used. for example, the Warcraft, the 'AutoPlay Menu
Studio', 'Adobe Photoshop Lightroom'; Samba4, Damn Small Linux, SciTE ...

here are two list:

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaUses,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_%28programming_language%29#Applications

so, i think, we can use Lua in Grub2 freely. just as mentioned above, we can
use lua as an optional module in Grub2, any distributions can select using it
or not. - but, i think, the Lua scripting will extend the Grub2's functinality
in many cases.

so, i please Collin provide the Lua patch, if you had time. thank you!

y.volta