grub-devel

When the 'Fancy Menu' branch will be availble on the main thread?

From: y.volta
Subject: When the 'Fancy Menu' branch will be availble on the main thread?
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 08:38:22 +0800

hi, all:

    Collin has submit the 'Fancy Menu', when it will be available on the main
svn thread?

And i want to make sure:

- the fancy menu will support two bytes language?

- the vbe engine support non linear frame buffer modes?

        i read the vbe.c line 445:

        /* We support only linear frame buffer modes.  */,

        if so, the graphic menu will not be available for some hardware or
screen resolution.

- grub video uses double buffering, if this is available. if not, the bliting
will be very slow. so,  how about using clip-box to improve it? backup area ->
draw contents -> recover area -> draw new contents. ( by using this, there is
no need to switch a whole screen. ^_^ )

- can the VBE engine support 16 bits (5:6:5) mode?

i've not familiar with grub2's video system, so, please help me out. Thanks!

y.volta