grub-devel

[RFC] make output of compiling a bit less verbose to make warnings more

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: [RFC] make output of compiling a bit less verbose to make warnings more visible
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 18:43:54 +0200

Hello,

I think it would be good if the output from compiling wouldn't be that
verbose.
Just like on compiling the Linux kernel.
It shows only something like:

CC source.c
LD built-in.o
VDSO-SYM? bla

instead of that whole `gcc -D GRUB_UTIL -o xx x.c ...' thing.

I haven't bothered to check yet how complicated it would be to implement
this but I think it would be better to ask first if you even like this
idea :)

--
Felix Zielcke