grub-devel

Re: Handlers

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Handlers
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 17:10:41 +0200

Hi,

Vesa Jääskeläinen <address@hidden> writes:

> Marco Gerards wrote:
>> This patch adds handler support to GRUB 2.  This makes it easier to
>> add new handlers to GRUB without duplicating code over and over.  Bean
>> wanted this for some of his ideas :-)
>>
>> Okuji (and others), can you please review this patch?  It is an
>> intrusive (but yet small!) change of which I hope most people agree
>> with.  I just don't want to commit this without proper review.
>
> Just from previous experience with macros... it dam hard to debug with
> them when you are using debugger. SO... if you can avoid that please do
> it that way. Can you try to think alternative version without using macros?

If I knew a better way, I would have used it.  I think the
alternatives will all end up in either code duplication or a loss of
type safety that now is at least present through warnings.  But please
understand that you only have to use the macros, not change them :-)

Suggestions are welcome.

--
Marco