grub-devel

Re: GRUB_CONSOLE_KEY_NPAGE/PPAGE codes

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: Re: GRUB_CONSOLE_KEY_NPAGE/PPAGE codes
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 14:33:04 +0200

Hello,

On Aug/23/2008, Vesa Jääskeläinen wrote:

> > Let's define: NPAGE (next page) = PGDN (PG DOWN). PPAGE (previous page)
> > = PGUP (PG UP).  Is this assumption correct?

[...]

> Or me..  couldn't we just use GRUB_CONSOLE_KEY_PAGE_UP /
> GRUB_CONSOLE_KEY_PAGE_DOWN or something like that. NPAGE or PPAGE seems
> a bit weird. Then there is no need to hassle this next time when the
> issue is at hand :)

It seems that in Grub there is always some reason for the things :-)

In the ChangeLog from Grub (not Grub2) I can read:
--------
1999-03-13  Gordon Matzigkeit  <address@hidden>

[...]

        * shared_src/shared.h (KEY_DELETE): Rename to KEY_DC, for
        compatibility with curses.
        (KEY_INSERT): Rename to KEY_IC.
        (KEY_PGDN): Rename to KEY_NPAGE.
        (KEY_PGUP): Rename to KEY_PPAGE.
--------

These names are still valid in libncurses5.

So, by the moment, I will send a patch for only changing the values.

Cheers,

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x17756391
        http://pinux.info