grub-devel

GRUB_CONSOLE_KEY_NPAGE/PPAGE codes

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: GRUB_CONSOLE_KEY_NPAGE/PPAGE codes
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:16:42 +0200

Hello,

I started to play with GRUB_TERM_PPAGE/NPAGE in normal/menu.c and I've
had a problem: they was working in opposite way than I've expected.

Tracing the problem deeper than swapping GRUB_TERM_PPAGE constant by
GRUB_TERM_NPAGE, I have found that this values comes from
GRUB_CONSOLE_KEY_NPAGE.

Let's define: NPAGE (next page) = PGDN (PG DOWN). PPAGE (previous page)
= PGUP (PG UP).  Is this assumption correct?

There is quite much places in Grub2 code that defines:
#define GRUB_CONSOLE_KEY_NPAGE          0x4900
#define GRUB_CONSOLE_KEY_PPAGE          0x5100

Googling for these codes, I've found that they are usually defined in
opposite way:
#define         KEY_PGUP   0x4900
#define         KEY_PGDN   0x5100

All other codes matches.

If this is correct, a bit later I will prepare a patch to swap 0x4900
and 0x5100 where it's needed.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x17756391
        http://pinux.info