grub-devel

[Wishlist] Better warning if grub.cfg not found

From: Carles Pina i Estany
Subject: [Wishlist] Better warning if grub.cfg not found
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:51:44 +0200

Hello,

Doing some tests with Grub2 and qemu I've made a mistake that Grub (I
think) could warn me better.

The mistake is that I didn't have a grub.cfg file (well, I had but in
the wrong place).

The Grub2 feedback for a standard user it's just flickering (I think
that Grub2 paints the menu) and after that shows the command line.

I would expect a warning, before the command line or in the command line
screen informing user that grub.cfg has not been found in the expected
place.

I'm doing the Grub2 imagine file using grub-mkrescue.

Should already grub-mkrescue warn if grub.cfg is not there? (at least if
using overlay option). I could take a look if grub-mkrescue should do
it.

--
Carles Pina i Estany            GPG id: 0x17756391
        http://pinux.info