grub-devel

Re: [RFC] change grub_print_error to use stderr for the utils

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: [RFC] change grub_print_error to use stderr for the utils
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:06:18 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 14.08.2008, 19:54 +0200 schrieb Robert Millan:

> Anyway, please let's not waste time in this discussion.  It's only a matter
> on which patch goes first.  If Bean wants to checkin his code first, then
> it just means we'll need to adjust the raid.c part a bit, and that's all.

This is with the current SVN without any patches except Marco's atap
scsi one.
This is on my real system, i.e. with my 2 SATA RAID 0 disks.

Does it get now clear why I want a discussion about this whole topic?

fz:~# update-grub
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        Updating /boot/grub/grub.cfg ...
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        Found Debian background: debian-blueish-wallpaper-640x480.png
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        Found linux image: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-1-amd64
        Found initrd image: /boot/initrd.img-2.6.26-1-amd64
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        done
        fz:~# grub-install /dev/sda
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        error: out of disk
        Installation finished. No error reported.
        This is the contents of the device map /boot/grub/device.map.
        Check if this is correct or not. If any of the lines is incorrect,
        fix it and re-run the script `grub-install'.
        (hd0)   /dev/hda
        (hd1)   /dev/sda
        (hd2)   /dev/sdb