grub-devel

Re: bug: cygwin support breaks cross compiles on cygwin

From: Christian Franke
Subject: Re: bug: cygwin support breaks cross compiles on cygwin
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 23:13:52 +0200

Felix Zielcke wrote:
Hello,

Am Freitag, den 08.08.2008, 14:59 +0200 schrieb Christian Franke:
No, grub-pe2elf is build and installed even if is not necessary for the build process. This should be no problem.

Well it's the same as with that --enable-debug thingy ;)

In our Debian trunk SVN I already commited a change to remove
grub.d/10_windows because Debian/Ubuntu users just don't have a need for
this.
It would be better if Robert and me don't need to do such changes.
We could just remove grub-pe2elf, too.
But why should it be build for everybody if only Cygwin users have a use
for it?
Then clearly the whole build process needs a change so that grub-pe2elf
is only build on Cygwin.

I agree. I posted a patch which handles both grub.d/10_windows and grub-pe2elf.

Christian