grub-devel

Re: ATA update

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: ATA update
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 11:34:29 +0200

> I currently always boot directly from my Raid 0
> GRUB + Vista bootmgr + Vista \Windows\ is on Raid 0
> my Linux / and so /boot is on my PATA disk.
> This works totally fine for booting Vista and Linux.

Oh and I forgot the Vista bootmgr file is 326 KB big,
so even with my (probable big) chunksize of 256 KB this file lies on
both disks.
So for booting Vista it's essential to handle the RAID 0.
I can try to copy my /boot to the ext3 partition I already have there.
Maybe with biosdisk this even works with GRUB + Linux :)