grub-devel

"Out of Partition" error on XFS still occuring

From: Dan Callahan
Subject: "Out of Partition" error on XFS still occuring
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 20:56:14 -0500

Hi, I seem to be able to recreate the xfs "out of partition" error
using Debian's most recent grub-pc release, 1.96+20080724-2.

This bug is being tracked at
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=436943 , and was
first reported one year ago. A patch from Niels Böhm last month was
thought to resolve it, but I'm still seeing the issue.

A dd copy of the offending filesystem is available at
http://neoflux.net/tmp/xfs-boot.tar.gz (8.9 MB compressed, 243 MB
uncompressed, link should remain active through August.)

Mounted as a loopback device in grub-emu, ls (device) detects that it
is xfs, but ls (device)/ and ls (device)/grub fail with the out of
partition error.

Thanks,
-Dan