grub-devel

Re: Fw: Re: Strong Crypto Support for GRUB2

From: Michael Gorven
Subject: Re: Fw: Re: Strong Crypto Support for GRUB2
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:22:53 +0200

On Monday 21 July 2008 01:49:52 Simon Peter wrote:
> I'm still interested in getting strong crypto into grub mainline and
> while it's still not in, I just saw you guys proposed this as a project
> for Google's summer of code. Are you going to point students at the
> code I already produced? Would be a shame if you have someone replicate
> the work already done.

Hi Simon

I've been working on a LUKS module[1] for GRUB, and have used your patch as a
starting point. I have added a few extra functions to the crypto module, and
implemented CBC in the crypto module itself. I have also added a number of
ciphers and hashes[2]. I am still waiting for a proper review of my patch,
and for some license issues to be resolved. I think that my changes have
broken the devmapper module, but I intend to implement that functionality in
the LUKS module some time.

Michael

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-05/msg00127.html
[2] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-05/msg00157.html