grub-devel

Re: Solaris boot

From: Patrick Georgi
Subject: Re: Solaris boot
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 16:53:55 +0200

Javier Martín schrieb:
Can grub2 load solaris 32 kernel?
Is Solaris Multiboot-compatible? If not, you can try to use its own
bootloader through the `chainloader' command. However, if grub1 could
It's multiboot compatible, but with a broken multiboot header (defines a.out kludge while being ELF), I reported that issue, no idea when they catch up.

And when this is worked around (I patched out the test in grub2), it still doesn't run, maybe because some tables are missing in grub2's multiboot implementation (e820? no idea, didn't investigate further)

Regards,
Patrick Georgi