grub-devel

Re: Next release?

From: Christian Franke
Subject: Re: Next release?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:40:03 +0200

Pavel Roskin wrote:
On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 18:55 +0200, Christian Franke wrote:

Thanks for considering Cygwin support for the next release.

The first (and last) grub package released in the Cygwin distribution was based on grub codebase from 2008-03-26. My latest reasonably tested merge is ~2 month old. If desired, I can merge & test all remaining changes to current HEAD and post the patches for review soon.

I'm sorry, I forgot that story.  It may be a more radical change than I
expected.  Anyway, let's see what remains to be done.

Here is a older diffstat:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-04/msg00013.html

The changes for util/biosdisk.c, util/getroot.c, and util/mkdevicemap.c are already checked in.

BTW:
- Supporting "Ltext0" would not help much for Cygwin, because a linker script is required due to the lack of "ld -N" support.

We may want to use linker scripts on all platforms for uniformity.

Yes, more flexible. And the tests for _start etc. are no longer necessary.

- Cygwin liblzo2* packages were released 1 week before the grub package :-)

That means the development package too?  That's good.

Yes, liblzo2-devel too.

Christian