grub-devel

Re: grub to help refund of pre-installations

From: Michael Gorven
Subject: Re: grub to help refund of pre-installations
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:24:33 +0200

On Tuesday 08 July 2008 07:32:40 Yoshinori K. Okuji wrote:
> This news, basically, says that my company will provide a solution to
> activating pre-installed software in a computer, after entering an access
> code with cryptography, using GRUB 2.

I have been working on adding support for encrypted partitions to GRUB2. It
includes a generic crypto module with numerous ciphers and hashes, which may
be useful to you. My patch[1] is still waiting for further review and for
some legal issues to be addressed.

Michael

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2008-05/msg00157.html

--