grub-devel

Re: Still unable to install grub 2 on my lvm setup

From: jean-christophe.haessig
Subject: Re: Still unable to install grub 2 on my lvm setup
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 19:26:40 +0200

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 23:05:33 +0800, Bean <address@hidden> wrote:

> You need to use the lzma patch, which reduces the size of core.img.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try... But I'd still like
to have an answer to the following question : where the hell does
grub want to store that image ? Looking at the lvm specs, there's
barely 1 or 2KiB of free space just after the boot sector. The lzma
algorithm might be very good at compression but I doubt it will be
enough...

Thanks,
JC