grub-devel

Re: [RFC] TSC patch v2

From: Colin D Bennett
Subject: Re: [RFC] TSC patch v2
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 11:28:01 -0700

Here is an updated version of the TSC patch.

I addressed the issues in your comments with the exception of
supporting x86 CPUs that don't have a TSC (386 and 486).

I eliminated the grub_time_init() function and the call to it in
grub_main() in favor of having grub_machine_init() simply call
grub_tsc_calibrate().  The i386-pc and i386-efi platforms use the TSC.

I also changed the grub_millisleep() generic function to use
grub_get_time_ms() instead of grub_get_rtc() to achieve better
precision when a higher resolution time function is available.

Please take a look at it and give me your comments when you have a
chance.  Thanks!

Regards,
Colin