grub-devel

Re: grub-probe detects ext4 wronly as ext2

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: grub-probe detects ext4 wronly as ext2
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 16:21:25 +0200

If you wish to send a patch for the user environment check you proposed,
could send it separately?  I'm inclined to commit the flag check, but not
the environment stuff.

Afterwards if you like we could discuss about whether we should be
"best-effort" in real GRUB or not.  It's really not such a big deal,
as long as we don't end up cluttering the user interface because of it.

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 03:32:43AM +0200, Javier Martín wrote:
> -  grub_error (GRUB_ERR_BAD_FS, "not an ext2 filesystem");
> +  grub_error (GRUB_ERR_BAD_FS, "not an ext2 filesystem, or incompatible"
> +                               "features enabled (extents, etc.)");

I would avoid referring explicitly to the features involved, because it
means the message will end up being obsolete when extents are supported
(and we will likely forget to update it).

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What good is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)