grub-devel

Re: grub-probe detects ext4 wronly as ext2

From: Javier Martín
Subject: Re: grub-probe detects ext4 wronly as ext2
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:43:51 +0200

Hi there,

El lun, 30-06-2008 a las 20:27 +0800, Bean escribió:
> Hi,
>
> We must not quit if the journal flag is set, even if we don't handle
> it. grub-setup runs in a active system, the journal wouldn't be empty.
> If we just quit, we can't even install.

If you mean the "needs_recovery" flag (EXT3_FEATURE_INCOMPAT_RECOVER),
the last version of the patch does with it "nicely", as it is added to
the set of "incompatible feature" flags to be ignored in the check. It's
not added to the list of supported incompatible features because true
support for recovery and replay is not implemented right now, but dirty
ext3 filesystems will still be mounted, even if it's risky without
having journal replay functionality. Ext4 filesystems, on the other
hand, will not, since the incompatible "extents" feature is neither in
the "supported" nor the "ignored" list.