grub-devel

Re: grub EFI "too little memory"

From: Andrei E. Warkentin
Subject: Re: grub EFI "too little memory"
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:26:56 -0500

Straight from the public UEFI  docs:

If the MemoryMap buffer is too small, the EFI_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL error code is returned and
the MemoryMapSize value contains the size of the buffer needed to contain the current
memory map. The actual size of the buffer allocated for the consequent call to GetMemoryMap()
should be bigger then the value returned in MemoryMapSize, since allocation of the new buffer
may potentially increase memory map size.

...and of course you can use BootServices->AllocatePool to grab the desired amount...