grub-devel

Re: Switch to SVN ?

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: Switch to SVN ?
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 14:48:52 +0200

Hi,

Bean <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems svn is available at savannah:
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=5340
>
> any plan to switch ?

This seems like a good idea to me.  I put Okuji on the Cc, in case he
doesn't watch the list closely.  Okuji, what do you think?

Subversion does not have the disadvantages of CVS and it is supported
by savannah.  It is not the best VC system that exists, so I would
like to avoid that unproductive discussion, I know this like most of
us do.  I think everyone can agree CVS -> svn is a step forwards we
should take.

Does anyone of the core developers disagree?  Otherwise I think we
should make the switch soon :-)

--
Marco