grub-devel

Re: [RFC] split floppy support off biosdisk

From: Javier Martín
Subject: Re: [RFC] split floppy support off biosdisk
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:09:06 +0200

El lun, 16-06-2008 a las 19:47 +0800, Bean escribió:
> Well, I did some testing a while ago, the result is in:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2007-12/msg00114.html
>
> Even with lzo compressed image core.img, lzma can save up to 5K.

You mean that even with an already compressed LZO image, LZMA can
further compress it another 5 KB? Then I guess we're in! The only
problem of LZMA that could become a blocker is it's expansive memory
use, but the core image is small enough not to need more that a few KBs
of memory for decompression, I hope.