grub-devel

Floating point usage

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Floating point usage
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 12:47:12 -0400

Hello!

I tried to compile the current grub on Fedora 9 for PowerPC, but it
failed due to floating point usage in ls.  Sorry, I don't have the exact
message handy.

Anyway, there are several references to "float" and "double" in the
code, and I think it's wrong.  GRUB should be able to work on systems
with no floating point support and on systems where the floating point
device needs to be activated.  Even Linux kernel avoids using floating
point.

If everyone is fine, I'll try to remove all floating point stuff from
the code.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin