grub-devel

Re: LVM and LVM2 support in Grub

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: LVM and LVM2 support in Grub
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:06:56 +0200

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 12:52:24PM +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Today I met Alasdair Kergon again and Tim brought up the question when we
> can expect LVM support in Grub. This is a feature that is now missing for
> some time and a lot of people are waiting for this.

LVM is already supported, although it's a bit buggy and some rare use cases
don't work well yet.

If you find bugs, reports are welcome.  As for unsupported use case, it doesn't
work if you're booting from the LVM device itself.  We already know why this
happens, but nobody had time to fix it (help is welcome, I can give more
details if desired).

Thanks

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What good is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)