grub-devel

Re: grub-probe gets a segfault

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: grub-probe gets a segfault
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 18:15:27 -0400

On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 11:53 -0430, Isaac M. Marcos wrote:

> Does:
> # grub-probe -t device /
> involve anything Debian specific ????????

It was a generic recommendation.  But if grub-probe was compiled by
Debian, it's Debian specific in a certain sense.

I cannot reproduce the crash, even on a Fedora installed on a LVM
volume.

> >  Try the CVS version.  Try debugging the codedump.
>
> Sure, only if i knew how, :-)

That's how to check out GRUB from CVS:

cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/grub co grub2

To build it, use:

./configure
make

As for debugging, I see you have found something already.

> Good, next step?

Try the version from CVS.  Describe the problem in a concise way, so
that nobody has to go through the whole discussion in the Debian bug
tracker.  Try using grub-probe on paths that are not on LVM (like a
mounted floppy or a flash drive).

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin