grub-devel

Re: PCI+ATA

From: Vega
Subject: Re: PCI+ATA
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 22:38:17 +0200

I've realised a similar patch there are some difference:

Marco Gerards  check if this class and subclass ID matches that of a PCI
IDE Controller.
I instead check only class so I recognize even my sata disk that have the
same class of PCI IDE  Controller but different subclass (for example 0x04
and 0x00).
Marco Gerards  try to indentify devices only on address of 0x10 and 0x14
registers (BAR0 and BAR1)... I scan even 0x18 and 0x1c registers (BAR2 and
BAR3).

The remaining code is very similar.
I read that someone had problems of hangs:  neither I nor Gerars changed
the access code to the device but only recognition. For now about my two
hardware I did not have hangs (on both I have 3 drive, two in fake-raid and
one single, and I recognize and access all of three).

forgive me again for my bad english.