grub-devel

Re: Infinite loop regression due to recent change in hostfs.c

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Infinite loop regression due to recent change in hostfs.c
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 13:21:31 -0400

Quoting Christian Franke <address@hidden>:

The change in hostfs.c introduces an interesting regression: hostfs now
appears in *_init.lst and grub_hostfs_init() is called twice in
grub-emu and grub-fstest. This results in a infinite loop because the
hostfs entry of grub_fs_list points to itself.

Thanks for noticing the problem and for the analysis!

You should either undo this change or remove extra calls to
grub_hostfs_init/fini from grub-emu.c and grub-fstest.c. The latter
might not work if it is necessary to init hostfs first for some reason.

I've removed the extra calls. I don't see any reasons why hostfs should be registered first.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin