grub-devel

Re: Native CD test results

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Native CD test results
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:46:38 -0400

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 02:54 +0000, Kalamatee wrote:
> I cant seem to find the commands to load such an image on the wiki..
> could someone be so kind as to explain how its done?

Perhaps the grub.cfg I used on the Fedora disk would illustrate it:

set default=0
set timeout=5
if font /boot/grub/unifont.pff ; then
  set gfxmode=640x480
  insmod gfxterm
  insmod vbe
  terminal gfxterm
  insmod png
  background_image /isolinux/splash.png
fi

menuentry "Install Fedora 9 Beta" {
        linux   /isolinux/vmlinuz
        initrd  /isolinux/initrd.img
}

menuentry "Install Fedora 9 Beta (text mode)" {
        linux   /isolinux/vmlinuz text
        initrd  /isolinux/initrd.img
}

menuentry "Rescue installed system" {
        linux   /isolinux/vmlinuz rescue
        initrd  /isolinux/initrd.img
}

menuentry "Boot from local drive" {
        chainloader     (hd0)+1
}

menuentry "Test memory" {
        linux   /boot/memtest
}

> Also... does this splash image work only for the console terminal or
> for the gfxterm?

It only works for gfxterm.

> Finally .. the unifont.hex.gz file linked to from the wiki seems to no
> longer be available.. is there another similar one I can use?

Debian still has it:
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/u/unifont/unifont_1.0.orig.tar.gz

No idea what happened to the original distributor.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin