grub-devel

Re: Testing Grub 1.96 on RS/6000 7025-F50

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Testing Grub 1.96 on RS/6000 7025-F50
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 02:33:34 -0400

Quoting Bean <address@hidden>:

You can add the command you need to use with grub-mkimage, so that
they'll be built into the kernel. After grub2 starts, use ls to find
out if the disk has been detected.

The ls command is available in the rescue mode, but its result is very likely to be "out of memory". The memory is the real problem here, not disks.

I've seen a similar problem in qemu-system-ppc, where is was caused by the limitations of the open firmware that comes with qemu. But it would not print "attempt to claim over our own code".

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin