grub-devel

Testing Grub 1.96 on RS/6000 7025-F50

From: H S
Subject: Testing Grub 1.96 on RS/6000 7025-F50
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 21:03:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I built and tested Grub 1.96 on my RS/6000 7025-F50
and thought you might like to know how it worked.
First, some pertinent information: the system is
running Ubuntu 7.10, has 1.7GB RAM, an open firmware
flashed Radeon 7000, and a Symbios Ultra 320 card with
some drives hooked to it. Using directions at the
TestingonPowerPc wiki, I fetched and built Grub. I
used the grub-mkimage -n switch when adding the
modules, named the image grubof.ibm, and copied it and
a config file to the first partition of the drive
which I have formatted FAT. Booting the image produces
this error message:

Warning: attempt to claim over our own code!
Welcome to GRUB!

error: out of memory
Entering rescue mode
grub rescue>

I can get the list of help commands, but I guess
because no modules were loaded I cannot ls any drives
or do anything useful. If you need any further
information or would like me to test again I would be
happy to oblige.

Ken

Be a better friend, newshound, and