grub-devel

Re: Anyone using the new aout support?

From: walt
Subject: Re: Anyone using the new aout support?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:44:28 -0800

Bean wrote:
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 8:29 AM, walt<address@hidden>  wrote:
I just built grub2 from cvs to try all of Bean's wonderful work
  with BSD/UFS and aout.  I added no patches, and built on linux.

  Everything seems to work very well indeed, except that the 'aout'
  command is still not available to me at the grub2 shell prompt.

Unlike the first version, aout is not a standalone command now, it's
just some helper function used by the bsd and multiboot module.

Yes, thanks!  I can use 'freebsd /boot/loader' now, and also the more
modern 'freebsd /boot/kernel/kernel' to load the kernel directly.

Most excellent work, Bean, and thanks again.