grub-devel

Re: Grub 2 on Intel Macs?

From: Alexandre Boeglin
Subject: Re: Grub 2 on Intel Macs?
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:20:30 +0100

Le mar 19 fév 2008 à 13:05:32 -0600, Daedius a écrit :
> I was wondering if anyone is doing any testing of Grub 2 on intel
> Macintosh computers.

Hello,

Basically, booting Mac OS X and a efi-aware Linux have been tested and should
work, and everything else does not yet ;)

> A test matrix someone would be nice for the
> status status of the various systems (mac mini, macbooks, mac pro, and
> xserve).

Here again, it's quite easy: 32bit EFI works, 64bit EFI does not work yet.
Apple provided firmware updates that should fix the keyboard issues that have
been reported some time ago, so make sure to update your machine if you have
such troubles.

Alex