grub-devel

comments about /etc/default/grub

From: Franklin PIAT
Subject: comments about /etc/default/grub
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 09:32:03 +0100

Since the file /etc/default/grub really is about configuring update-grub
behaviour, couldn't it be renamed /etc/update-grub.conf ?
(It should be possible to source both, for transition)

The variable GRUB_DEFAULT seems to be counted from 0 currently. Couldn't
it be changed to count from 1.
(I can't think of any clever way to make a transition, though)

Could we add some comments, within /etc/default/grub (especially
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX, since many people will use it).

# This file is sourced by update-grub, and its variables are propagated
# to its childs in /etc/grub.d/

# Default menuentry to boot (counted from 0)
GRUB_DEFAULT=0

# Menu timeout. (GRUB_DEFAULT is booted after timeout)
GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=Debian

# Parameter(s) to be appended to all Linux kernel entries
#GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=

Thanks,

Franklin