grub-devel

Re: screen corruption

From: George Lengel
Subject: Re: screen corruption
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 18:27:39 -0500

I hope you can tell what is going on even though the picture is a bit out of focus. Each character is a fuzzy gray box instead of a letter.

missing fonts?

Hi,

Thanks for the hint. This was the problem. From what I can tell when I switched from the Debian package to compiling it on my own from CVS, removing the Debian package removed the font and I had not realized this.

Everything looks perfect now.

You guys are a great group of developers. My original problem with the wrong boot drive passed was fixed very quickly and now my silly font problem was also diagnosed right away.