grub-devel

Testing Grub2 on EFI

From: G vijaya Bhaskar Muppana
Subject: Testing Grub2 on EFI
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 17:56:37 +0530

Hi,

I am new to firmware world. I am trying to load Linux using Grub2 on EFI. I am trying this on my desktop with intel dual core processor (It's not a Mac machine). I have created a DUET USB for EFI environment.  When I try to boot with grub, it is failing to find the device name and unable to set the prefix. Consequently, it is failing to load  "normal.mod".

Please share your experiences, if any of you tried to use grub on EFI through USB.

Thanks,
Bhaskar