grub-devel

Re: hello command

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: hello command
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 17:35:59 +0100

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 03:35:18PM +0100, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Robert Millan <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > How useful is the `hello' command?  Is it more useful than `echo' ?  How
> > about getting rid of it?
>
> It's a good and simple example of how to write a module.  So I think
> it serves its purpose.  `echo' has the purpose of being useful to end
> users.

If it's just an example, why not exclude it from the default builds?  It
clutters the command list and doesn't serve any purpose to end users.

I'd also suggest moving it to commands/.  It isn't that important to have
its own directory IMHO ;-)

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What use is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)