grub-devel

Re: CVS (Re: Redefining GRUB_MOD_GAP in init.c)

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: CVS (Re: Redefining GRUB_MOD_GAP in init.c)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:15:41 +0100

Robert Millan <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:21:59AM +0100, Marco Gerards wrote:
>> Robert Millan <address@hidden> writes:

>> > To s,powerpc/,,g
>>
>> Fine for me...
>>
>> It would be nice if we could switch to SVN or so soon.  SVN is
>> available on savannah and works almost the same as CVS.  I know there
>> are better systems to work with, but this is a no brainer I hope.
>> Moving files is no fun with CVS :-(
>
> I thought SVN wasn't (properly) supported by Savannah.

I am not sure: http://savannah.gnu.org/svn/?group=phpgroupware

They seem to use it...

>> What was the outcome of the previous discussions on this?  All these
>> threads explode with mails on which system is the best, because of
>> that I ignore the thread and nothing happens... :-)
>
> Some people wanted GIT, and Okuji objected, following a long, boring
> discussion
> about the advantages and disadvantages of GIT.

Yes, other people want bzr, others want bzr, etc, etc.  I do not
care.  This way we never switch, which is even worse.

> I personaly think we should just ditch CVS, because CVS has these annoying
> limitations, but not try to do something fancy.  SVN is the logical
> evolution of CVS, so why not just do that.

That's exactly what I was thinking ;-).  I was bothered by the
limitation.  And that we cannot discuss changing to svn first :-)

So what now?

> We can always switch to GIT in the future if/when everybody agrees.

Right!

--
Marco