grub-devel

CVS (Re: Redefining GRUB_MOD_GAP in init.c)

From: Robert Millan
Subject: CVS (Re: Redefining GRUB_MOD_GAP in init.c)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 10:27:54 +0100

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:21:59AM +0100, Marco Gerards wrote:
> Robert Millan <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Move it where?
> >
> > To s,powerpc/,,g
>
> Fine for me...
>
> It would be nice if we could switch to SVN or so soon.  SVN is
> available on savannah and works almost the same as CVS.  I know there
> are better systems to work with, but this is a no brainer I hope.
> Moving files is no fun with CVS :-(

I thought SVN wasn't (properly) supported by Savannah.

> What was the outcome of the previous discussions on this?  All these
> threads explode with mails on which system is the best, because of
> that I ignore the thread and nothing happens... :-)

Some people wanted GIT, and Okuji objected, following a long, boring discussion
about the advantages and disadvantages of GIT.

I personaly think we should just ditch CVS, because CVS has these annoying
limitations, but not try to do something fancy.  SVN is the logical
evolution of CVS, so why not just do that.

We can always switch to GIT in the future if/when everybody agrees.

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What use is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)