grub-devel

Re: netboot/UNDI status

From: Marco Gerards
Subject: Re: netboot/UNDI status
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 10:00:17 +0100

"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thursday 24 January 2008 13:42, Robert Millan wrote:
>> Well, if we can collaborate by sharing the same driver collection that's
>> even better, of course.  This was done for GRUB Legacy, right?
>
> Sure. I had a very short conversation with gpxe developers last year, and we
> have agreed that we should share work. In GRUB Legacy, we tried to keep
> etherboot drivers as intact as possible, and we contributed back by providing
> bug fixes. IMO, this should be continued in GRUB 2 as well.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but aren't some files licensed under
the GPL, with an additional demand that you shouldn't use it outside
etherboot?

I will have to check this to be sure.  But something to wrap their
drivers for GRUB 2 so it cooperates would be nice...  I just do not
like glue code that much...

--
Marco