grub-devel

Re: UFS (FFS) support seems broken in grub2

From: walt
Subject: Re: UFS (FFS) support seems broken in grub2
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:49:55 -0800

Bean wrote:
On Jan 24, 2008 12:15 AM, walt<address@hidden>  wrote:
Bean wrote:
This patch should fix the problem...
Yes, thanks!  I had to use the -l flag before patch would use it,
and even then the last hunk needed increased fuzz.

Are you going to commit it today?

thanks for the testing, if you have ufs2, please check it as well...

I see you have already commited, thank you!  I did test both UFS1/2
and both work nicely.  I can list and cat any files on a UFS fs now.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to boot any of the BSD kernels with
grub2 :o(

I recompiled my NetBSD kernel with the MULTIBOOT option enabled, but
I still get a 'magic broken' error when doing 'multiboot /netbsd'.

On FreeBSD I use grub0.95 to load /boot/loader as 'the kernel' and
everything just works.  Using grub2, I can't tell exactly what I am
supposed to use, e.g. insmod, module, or [whatever].  There is no
'kernel' command any more, right?

I can use 'linux' to boot linux with no problems, which is the easy
part.

I can use chainload on any BSD as long as the boot record is installed
properly (which is a bit tricky and dangerous for the BSD newbie).

Any hints would be most welcome, and thanks again.