grub-devel

Re: Using GRUB2 with CoreBoot (formerly known as LinuxBIOS) 3/3: grub-mk

From: Patrick Georgi
Subject: Re: Using GRUB2 with CoreBoot (formerly known as LinuxBIOS) 3/3: grub-mkimage should create streamable ELFs
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 18:42:20 +0000 (UTC)

Am Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:09:19 +0100 schrieb Robert Millan:
>   - I heard CoreBoot was deprecating ELF for size reasons.
Version 3 splits them up, yes. Version 2 will keep ELF.

>   - On an earlier discussion (about boot issues on Apple hardware),
>   Pavel
>     proposed switching util/elf/grub-mkimage.c to use libbfd.  This
>     would solve a few problems automaticaly, including this one.
I'm fine with whatever path is taken to solve it (or if you decide that
it's not worth the effort, and require coreboot v3). There's a patch out
there for anyone who needs this kind of setup, after all.

And if that libbfd-change fixes this issue, all the better.

Regards,
Patrick Georgi