grub-devel

Re: (still ?) root on LVM problems

From: Jean-Christophe Haessig
Subject: Re: (still ?) root on LVM problems
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 22:29:43 +0100

Le samedi 12 janvier 2008 à 16:12 +0100, Robert Millan a écrit :

> Try latest CVS.

Done, but no success.

> You'll still have to add "pc" (or "gpt") module manually (--modules
> parameter).

These modules are for grub itself, right ? My problems seem to be
caused by the installer. I can boot my system from a GRUB floppy
by issuing the correct commands.
When I try to install GRUB on the hard disk, the installer writes in the
MBR (first block), the second block, and a number of subsequent blocks
(this seems to be the grub image). The LVM metadata is overwritten by
this. Isn't the installer supposed to detect where it can safely write ?

Thanks,
JC

--
AVIS : Falsifier le contenu et usurper l'identité des auteurs des courriers
électroniques étant simplissime, j'exhorte mes correspondants à utiliser un