grub-devel

GRUB on OLPC / XO

From: Robert Millan
Subject: GRUB on OLPC / XO
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 14:42:30 +0100

Hi!

I've been working for a few hours in a GRUB port to i386/OFW.  There's
quite a bit of things that need cleanup/fix before it can be considered
complete, but it's in a stage that boots and lets you do basic things (like
listing storage devices).

It's known to work on OLPC / XO.  I don't have a working unit myself, but
someone from #olpc was kind enough to test it and even provided a screenshot:

  http://kwzs.be/pic6/P1010018.JPG

I'll be gradually integrating this into official GRUB tree.  In the meantime,
if you want to try it:

  - checkout GRUB cvs (grub2 module)
  - apply attached patch
  - ./autogen.sh && ./configure --with-platform=ieee1275 && make kernel.elf

--
Robert Millan

(as seen on /.)