grub-devel

LVM on debian

From: Martin Braure de Calignon
Subject: LVM on debian
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:10:18 +0100

I've just try for the first time grub2.

I'm on debian/unstable (grub2 version 1.95+20080105)
I have only one thing to say. It's simply amazing !
I love it !
I have an lvm /usr partition. And everything works great.
I only have to look on /etc/grub.d/10_linux to see what was the variable
for command line option of the kernel.
So I had to had GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX on /etc/default/grub. I also have to
edit /etc/grub.d/00_header because grub does not work if he cannot
access to the font (that are on my /usr partition). So I added "insmod
lvm" before font loading.
But it work and it looks very promising.

Thanks all for your work. Now I'm looking forward to the next upload of
grub2 on debian to have TGA image support :-)

--
Martin Braure de Calignon