grub-devel

Re: spam in commit-grub

From: Robert Millan
Subject: Re: spam in commit-grub
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:38:34 +0100

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 11:19:20PM -0500, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> Hello!
> Who's the list-admin for commit-grub? I am thinking I can take that cover
> for a few weeks and see what happens. And what about resetting the list so
> that it requires a moderator to accept all posts, that way if something that
> is really junk does materialize we can throw it out.

I don't object to you doing that job, but I think it's unnecessary that:

  - Someone has to go through mails by hand.
  - We get each commit message with a delay.

just to avoid having the list reject illegitimate posters, which can either
be defined as:

  - Anyone except Savannah.
  - Anyone except Savannah and non-subscribers.

commit-grub specificaly is not a list for public discussion.  If we have this
for grub-devel, I don't see why we can't have it for commit-grub as well.

--
Robert Millan

(as seen on /.)