grub-devel

gfxterm / grub_virtual_screen_setcolorstate()

From: Robert Millan
Subject: gfxterm / grub_virtual_screen_setcolorstate()
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 02:35:30 +0100

On Mon, Dec 24, 2007 at 02:28:18AM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:

> New patch.  Corrects a minor mistake when filling the last colum in the
> menu.  Also, it doesn't change the colors on gfxterm since some reasjustments
> were needed for that, and there's also a bug that makes it impossible to
> change colors on the fly with gfxterm/vbe (I'll write more on that later).

This patch (relative to previous one) basicaly makes it work with a big
ugly kludge (see "| 0xff000000" line).  The problem seems to be that alpha
channel is set to 0 for all return values of grub_video_map_color() after
gfxterm initialization.  I checked the few places in the code where those
variables are zeroed, but to no avail.  I assume the problem is just they
haven't been initialised, but I just have no idea where they're supposed to.

Any clues?

--
Robert Millan

(as seen on /.)