grub-devel

Re: Reading a kernel from a NTFS partition

From: mehmet
Subject: Re: Reading a kernel from a NTFS partition
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 05:16:25 +0200

Nobody answers?
I also wonder that if it could be done in seconds so we can use linux within windows (in a ntfs folder for example).

Tue, 18 Dec 2007 23:37:28 +0200 tarihinde Zeus Gómez <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is a module to read a kernel file from a NTFS
partition and a initrd file (for example).

This is theorically possible because read-only mode to NTFS partitions was
possible a long time ago, and now with the ntfs-3g fuse module in Linux,
read/write access is quite stable too. So, this could be possible to be
implemented in Grub....

Is something done??

Thank you,
Zeus.