grub-devel

Re: Switching to git?

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Switching to git?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 20:20:57 -0500

Quoting willem <address@hidden>:

Otavio Salvador wrote:
"Yoshinori K. Okuji" <address@hidden> writes:

On Saturday 15 December 2007 11:54, Robert Millan wrote:

So it seems nobody objected.  What do we need to proceed?

I do object. Personally, I believe that git is inferior to other modern version control systems, thus I don't want to move. If we do, I prefer to go with something better.

Please cite the ones you think are superior so we all can discuss it.

Sun did choose Mercurial

We are limited by what Savannah provides, unless some other place is found to host the project, which would complicate things.

If there are any specific problems with git pertinent to GRUB or preferences of the GRUB developers, I'm ready to convey them to the git developers and take the blame (if any).

We don't have to look for the best tool, just for the best tool for this particular project and those working on it.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin