grub-devel

Re: Switching to git?

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: Switching to git?
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:21:39 -0500

Quoting Robert Millan <address@hidden>:

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 02:32:29AM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:
Robert Millan <address@hidden> writes:

> So it seems nobody objected.  What do we need to proceed?

Prepare a file with authors names to be used during the conversion and
a run to git-cvsimport using it? :-)

I mean in the context of Savannah.

This page has the necessary information:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit

You'll probably need to enable Git support on Savannah first (I don't see it mentioned, but it should be easy), just to make sure it's OK and you have the necessary permissions.

Next step is the conversion. That page tells how to get the CVS repository from Savannah. I would probably use git-cvsimport from the latest git for the conversion. Or maybe I would try parsecvs as well and check the results. It's very important to verify the repository with gitk and qgit.

Then push the repository to Savannah as described. Make sure you can check out. If you have anything to commit and push, check it too (maybe some documentation change mentioning git). Once everything is working, disable CVS support for the project.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin