grub-devel

Re: BTS for GRUB 2 (Re: BTS overhaul)

From: Vesa Jääskeläinen
Subject: Re: BTS for GRUB 2 (Re: BTS overhaul)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 12:27:03 +0200

Robert Millan wrote:
> The creature has been seized:
>
>   http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=grub
>
> I've left the bugs that apply to documentation since we'll probably reuse
> much of GRUB Legacy's and they will still apply.
>
> Finally the BTS is usable for keeping track of GRUB 2 stuff.
>
> Two thoughts:
>
>   - The website still prompts to send GRUB 2 queries to grub-devel,
>   should we adjust that to make them use the BTS?

Yes. And for grub legacy users (and version info what is grub legacy)
there should be note that these are no longer being processed or
something like that.

>   - The BTS sends bug notifications to bug-grub.  Rather than moving those
>   to this list, perhaps it'd be a good idea to claim bug-grub for GRUB 2
>   (and move GRUB Legacy queries to /dev/full), so that bug tracking (which
>   tends to be quite verbose) is separate and this list can be used for
>   general discussion more confortably.
>
> What do you think?

I think now would be good spot to re-configure mailing lists :)

bug-grub@ sounds like a bug list.
grub-devel@ sound link a development list.

grub-help@ or grub-users@ would be more fit for user discussions. Are
there any GNU "standards" for these? And perhaps require to switch to
subscribe only lists.

I think it is important to get notification about new bugs, so some
feedback is needed, but this does not necessary need to be discussion
list. I think that this is like commit-grub list is for information
about changes in reposity.